Are you looking for an easy way to create and launch online courses? Online courses are one of the easiest ways creators can earn revenue. There are numerous tools and platforms that empower course creators around the globe to create and sell courses easily.
However, if you already use Notion for note-taking or creating your course content, launching your course from the same platform is a more seamless and straightforward experience. Fortunately, you can do this using Noggle, the course builder for Notion!
In this guide, we’ll show you how you can create and sell your online course from Notion using Noggle in just a few minutes. Ready to start getting paid for what you know the easy way? Let’s dive in!
Benefits of Using Notion and Noggle for Course Creation
Before we get into the details of using Noggle to create online courses with Notion, let’s take a moment to understand the benefits of this Notion course builder.
How to Create an Online Course with Notion Using Noggle
Now, let’s get hands-on and explore the step-by-step process of creating your online course using Noggle and Notion.
With Noggle, you can create unlimited free and paid courses starting with a 7-day free trial and then at $19/month or $15/year. Visit the Noggle website to sign up for a course and follow the steps below:
- Getting Started: Click the “Create my first site” button, fill in your course name and click “Continue”.
- Connect Your Notion Workspace: Click “Connect Notion” to begin the connection between both tools. Follow the prompts to sync your Noggle account with Notion and duplicate the provided template into your Notion workspace.
- Payment via Stripe: To begin your 7-day free trial, choose either the Monthly or Annual Creator plan and click “Start free trial”. Then enter your payment details securely on the Stripe payment gateway page and click “Subscribe.” You won’t be charged until your trial period is over.
- Customize Your Landing Page: Your free trial begins immediately and you’ll be taken to the “General” tab of your course editor where your course landing page is automatically generated for you. There, you can edit elements like the page header, course overview, pricing, and much more. Make sure you save all your changes before leaving this tab.
- Set up your Content: Click the “Content” tab and then click the Notion icon located in the mid-right corner, which reads “Edit on Notion”. This will lead you to the course template duplicated in your Notion workspace. There, you can fill the template with your course content. As you write, your content is automatically synced on Noggle and can be viewed in the Content tab.
- Share Your Course: When your course content is ready and you’ve finished setting up your landing page, visit your Noggle dashboard where your site is listed. Then click on the three dots on your course and tap “View live site” to preview your course. You can run tests on the student experience by signing up for your course to see how it works.
When you’re satisfied with your course, Visit “General” and click “Save and publish” to make your course accessible to the world. You can then share it with your students and the world by clicking “Copy URL” on the three dots on your course!
How to Set Up SEO for Your Course and Gain Visibility
There are tons of online courses out there, so how do you ensure yours gets discovered? Let’s explore how you can use Noggle to optimize your course site for search engines.
Step 1: Visit the “Settings” tab of your course. This will lead you to your Site’s SEO settings.
Step 2: Fill out your Meta Title and Meta Description. Your meta title and description help prospective students learn about your course. For better visibility, use a short title with a maximum of 60 characters and a description no longer than 160 characters. Ensure you also use keywords that students may be searching for. SEO tools like UberSuggest, Ahrefs or even Google autocomplete can help with this.
Step 3: Upload a Meta Image. This Meta image will be displayed on search engines and also serves as your social card when you share your course on social media. So make sure you use an image that is relevant to your course and no larger than 2MB in size.
Click “Save Changes” to publish your changes and start gaining visibility in search engine results.
How to Host Your Course on a Custom Domain
As we mentioned above, every Notion workspace has a unique URL. However, they are all hosted on the “notion.site” subdomain. As course creators, a custom domain presents a professional touch and helps you align your course better with your overall brand. Here’s how you can set up your custom domains with Noggle:
- Add Your Domain Name: Still in the “Settings” tab, click “Custom Domains”. There you’ll find your default noggle sub-domain for your course. Click the “+ Add Custom Domain” located below it. Fill out your domain name and click “Add Domain”.
- Point your DNS records to Noggle: For a root domain like example.com you’ll need to add the following records:
For a subdomain like blog.example.com add this record:
|(your subdomain e.g blog)||CNAME||cname.noggle.so|
Make sure to remove any old A records or AAAA records for your root domain or old CNAME entries for www in your DNS settings if your provider does not do this automatically.
- Your Custom Domain is Live: The status on your custom domain will change to “connected” once everything is set up correctly.
However, in some cases, it may take 24-72 hours for your domain provider to successfully propagate your new configuration.
Wrapping up: Launching a Course on Notion is Easy with Noggle
Although there are other course builders offering more complex features, Noggle is an ideal choice for creators looking for a fast and easy-to-use tool. It is also the only Notion course builder making it a preferred choice for course creators who already create content in Notion.
By using the Noggle-Notion workflow, you can create, customize, and share your courses effortlessly. Plus, since it requires no coding or design experience, all you need to do is sign up for an account, fill in your course content in the provided template, edit your details on the landing page, set up your custom domain and SEO and your course is ready to go live!
Whether you’re an educator, trainer, or entrepreneur, Noggle simplifies the process, allowing you to focus on delivering valuable content to your audience.