One of the best things about Notion is there are thousands of well-curated templates to suit your needs.
From project management, task and goal trackers, journals, or even workout templates, you can find it all on Notion's website.
More importantly, there are even free templates on the list, and they are super easy to add to your workspace.
So how do you add a template to the Notion workspace from the notion.site? Let's see a quick tutorial on how to do it.
How To Add a Template to Notion Directly From the Workspace
One of the quickest ways to add a Notion template or page to your workspace is by directly using the “Template” option.
Notion has a huge library of templates, but if you are not very picky and want to make quick template addition to your Notion workspace, this is the best option for you.
But how? Let's check out the steps below.
- Open your “Notion” workspace on your desktop device; for this technique, you cannot use your Android or iOS devices.
- On the left of your Notion workspace, you will find a sidebar navigator. If you are unable to find it, it is most probably because you have closed the sidebar. Hover the mouse icon towards the left end, and you can find it.
- In the sidebar, you can find a “Template” option; click on it to view a gallery of templates.
- Here, you will find templates based on different categories. Click on the category you are interested in and go through the different templates created by the Notion team themselves.
- Once you get the desired template, click on the “Use this Template” button from the right top of the screen.
- As soon as you do that, the Notion template from the notion.site is added to your workspace.
That's it. You can now customize the templates as per your needs, such as adding a cover or header image, changing the description, deleting or adding more pages, and making other changes.
Adding a Template to Notion Using the Notion Template Gallery
Adding a template to your Notion workspace is pretty easy with the in-built template option. However, one of the restrictions that come along is a limited set of templates.
Thankfully, you can still explore the entire Notion template gallery and quickly add your favorites to the workspace.
But how? Let's check it out.
How to add a template to the Notion workspace using the template gallery
- The first step to do is to visit the template gallery on Notion. It has an entire collection of intriguing Notion templates tailored for different needs and categories. The templates in this Notion gallery are created by the community as well as the Notion team.
- Now, browse for a Notion template that matches your need, and then click on the “Duplicate Template” button to add it to your workspace. You can also choose a different workspace if you have multiple workspaces on your account.
That's it; you can now customize the template, create or delete existing Notion pages, and do make it the way you want. You can also add Notion widgets to make it more need-friendly.
But what if you don't find a template that interests you in the Notion template library? Or what if you want a custom-made template that your friend or colleague has? In this case, can you directly add it to your workspace?
Let's check it out.
How to Add a Template on Notion from Friend or the Web?
If your friend or colleague has a great custom Notion template, or you stumble upon an interesting Notion template on the internet, can you add it to your Notion workspace? Yes, you can, and it is pretty simple.
Let's follow a few steps to know how to add a template to Notion from notion.site that a friend has shared or you found on the internet.
- Get the link to the Notion template that you wish to duplicate. While surfing the internet, you can easily find the template link, which will navigate you to the template. You can check everything about the template and how it’ll look on a Notion page using the preview link.
- If you don’t have the link to a template from notion.site, ask your friend or colleague to share it using the “Share” button, and then enable duplicating the template. A custom link will be generated at the top which they can copy and share it with you.
- Once you have the link, paste it into your browser, and you will find the template loaded on your screen.
- Now, click on the “Duplicate” button from the right-top, and the template is added to your workspace.
Wrapping up: Adding a Template to Notion from the Notion Site
Adding a template from notion.site to your workspace is a pretty simple and easy task. You can either add it directly through your Notion window or explore hundreds of picks on the Notion site.
Moreover, you can always add templates from the web or add custom-made ones from your friends or colleagues.
Want to check out some interesting templates for your Notion workspace? Check out our custom-made Notion templates.